- 184592 - Engineering Technician
- CA-Bay Area
- Up to $45.00 DOE
- 9 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Engineering Technician for an opening in Fremont, CA.
• Work on the design, assembly and/or modification of complex components and systems for filling, labeling and packaging unstable liquid filled containers.
• Perform engineering studies and experiments on new manufacturing processes
• Set up and Install mechanical assemblies and hardware.
• Manage vendor relationships and oversight of projects.
• Validates and verify operation of newly installed equipment to evaluate system performance under actual operation conditions and optimize run conditions.
• Create and participate in FAT, SAT, and IOQ of new equipment. Assist in developing cleaning and preventative maintenance.
• Communicates within and throughout the Engineering and Manufacturing departments.
• Manages multiple assignments simultaneously.
• Ensure compliance with SOPs and Good Manufacturing Procedures (cGMP).
• Provides analysis of equipment repairs/solutions and recommendations.
• Daily tasks may include; Mechanical, pneumatic, electrical troubleshooting, diagnosing control circuits/drives (PLCs), troubleshooting packaging, printing, labeling, and filling equipment.
• 1 to 5+ years of previous experience in a filling or packaging environment - ideally at least 1 of which includes maintenance related activities within a pharmaceutical or regulated environment.
• Experience dealing with liquid fillers, label applicators, gassing systems, cartoners, inkjet printers and kitting/packaging equipment.
• High level of mechanical interest aptitude.
• High level of trouble-shooting abilities.
• Ability to adapt to a changing environment quickly and easily.
• Demonstrated strong attention to detail.
• Demonstrated strong documentation and record keeping.
• Ability to work well independently and in a team environment with limited supervision.
• Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Procedures and safety standards.
Accredited Bachelors in Science (Engineering preferred), technical certification and/or strong academic and industrial engineering training.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.