- 184676 - Treasury Analyst
- Kansas City
- $28.6 to $33.33 DOE
- 3 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Treasury Analyst for an opening in Kansas City, MO.
Performs routine treasury management tasks, including the determination of the daily cash positions of Client and its subsidiaries, initiation of electronic payments and the short-term investment/borrowing of funds. Familiar with basic Treasury concepts, practices, and procedures. Generally, relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform work, but may exercise some latitude. The incumbent will assist in preparing cash forecasts, perform necessary accounting and record keeping tasks and interface with banks and internal departments on Treasury issues.
• Manage the calculation of the daily cash position through evaluation of bank balances, interaction with enterprise operating units, and prioritization of disbursement and collection activity, using a Treasury Management System (TMS) to determine the appropriate borrowing/repayment level required to meet daily liquidity needs while minimizing idle balances
• Initiate and manage electronic funds transfer activity
• Preparation of cash forecasts
• Bank account administration (open/close bank accounts and maintain signers)
• Manage daily investment activity
• Reconciliation of cash balances to general ledger accounts
• Perform required accounting entries and record keeping
• Maintenance of treasury statistics
• Adhoc corporate treasury and finance projects
• Manage daily cash application of customer payments to internal CIS system
• Maintain designated significant treasury operations spreadsheets
• Must have treasury experience in a corporate setting.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing
• Possess strong analytical skills with ability to perform detailed analysis of data and apply logic and reasoning to reach conclusions
• Ability to multi-task on projects under strict deadlines and prioritize work
• Exercise sound judgment when making decisions of alternate courses of action
• General understanding of accounting principles and concepts
• Very detail oriented
• Highly organized
• Extreme accuracy required
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Proficient in Microsoft desktop applications with strong emphasis on Excel
• Understanding of payment methods and treasury services
• TMS experience a plus Licenses, Certifications, Bonding, and/or Testing Required: Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) certification preferred Working Conditions: May be required to work irregular hours when necessary due to customer related activities. Normal office working environment.
Ideal candidate is dependable and reliable and has the ability to exercise good judgement and discretion.
The main task for this position will be manually reconciling/balancing accounts and ledgers.
This position will also include the use of PeopleSoft financials and will require journal entry work.
Accredited Bachelor’s degree (preferably in finance, accounting, or business administration) plus 0 to 1 year of professional experience in corporate treasury, cash management or banking.
Monday through Friday 7a-4p
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x260 or (800) 927-9318 x260
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.