- 184882 - Systems Engineer
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- $42.5 to $49.00 DOE
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Systems Engineer for an opening in Anaheim, CA.
This position is responsible for supporting the planning and technical execution of the entire system development lifecycle of power conversion and protection products. Product maturity ranges from refreshes of fielded systems to new product introduction. Overall responsibilities include executing system engineering efforts from requirement definition, architecting, design execution, and the support of integration and verification.
The position operates primarily as an individual contributor. The position will execute system engineering activities during the requirements definition and design phases. This position works under the guidance of a more senior system engineer along with other engineering disciplines to apply system engineering methodologies and tools (e.g., functional analysis, context diagrams, trade studies, requirements definition/allocation, modeling) to define system architecture and design. Additionally, this position supports the development and maintenance of technical risk and technical performance measures throughout the course of the project. During the integration and verification phases, the position will support procedure development and participate in structured and/or ad-hoc problem solving activities associated with test findings. In addition to tactical execution, this position will support continuous improvement activities within the System Engineering knowledge domain. This includes, but is not limited, to procedure/work instruction development, template development, tool enhancements, training, and mentoring.
Typical day to day responsibilities would be generating system engineering architecture and design artifacts such as requirements documents, architectural views, concept of operations/use cases, interface design requirements/descriptions, risk matrices, TPM metrics, and system behavioral models/analysis. Major reviews supported by this position are the major design reviews (e.g., SRR, PDR, CDR). This position will work intimately with design engineers to provide real-time support and guidance with respect to requirements, architecture, and interfaces. To perform effectively, it is expected that this position be knowledgeable of system requirements, system operations, and understand end user needs. This position requires a person that is highly detailed oriented, structured, well-organized, and can effectively communicate complex topics to varied audiences.
1. Support functional analysis, architecture definition, trade studies, and requirement definition
2. Support the development and management of key system engineering artifacts (e.g., SEMP, system requirements, system architecture, technical risk matrix, TPMs, system behavioral models)
3. Support the development and conduct of informal and formal design reviews such as SRR, PDR, and CDR
4. Management of requirements traceability between architectural levels via a SW tool (e.g., DOORS, Rational Test Manager, etc.)
5. Generate system engineering metrics to project and company leadership (e.g., TPMs, requirements volatility)
6. Support implementation of system engineering best practices and tools
1. 2+ years of experience in engineering and management of complex technical systems development and production (medium voltage equipment design a plus)
2. Broad based technical knowledge and interests in order to understand and evaluate systems engineering activities across the engineering functions. Preferred emphasis in power engineering or power control systems.
3. Basic understanding of the system “vee”. A general understanding of the overall system engineering process, as outlined by INCOSE, is desired.
4. Beginning execution of concept and architecture development including trade studies and requirements development and decomposition.
5. Basic experience with requirement management tools
6. Understanding of power conversion equipment is desired
7. Beginning execution of structured problem solving approaches/methodologies
8. Beginning knowledge of statistical analysis methods/approaches and tools (e.g., DOE, Minitab)
9. Outstanding written communication skills
10. Strong verbal communication skills for internal presentations
Accredited Bachelor's degree in engineering from a four-year college or university and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience. Associates Degree with a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience. Graduate degree or equivalent with 0-2 years of prior related experience. Specific experience in electronic power conversion equipment design and deployment is preferred.
9/80, 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x282 or (800) 927-9318 x282
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.