- 184928 - Assembler
- Up to $36.00 DOE
- 9 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Assembler for an opening in Chelmsford, MA.
Performs fabrication or modification tasks on RF Microwave hybrid microcircuits and sub-assemblies of simple to mid-range complexity. Duties include performing wire bonding using manual or automated .001 and .0007 machines and ribbon bonding to duroid or ceramic substrates, capacitors, resistors, diodes, spirals and other microelectronic components. Performs aluminum and gold wirebonding onto small pad sizes down to .001 mil in assemblies with very high semiconductor chip density and unusual substrate configurations which may require special setup and bonding techniques.
May require the capability to troubleshoot defective hybrids by visual screening wirebonds or chip placement. Duties could also include installation of substrates and components in highly complex microwave assemblies, utilizing using paste and sheet epoxies.
Performs disassembly, assembly, modification, rework and repair operations on various production subassemblies, assemblies and complete systems that utilize integrated circuit technology. Performs the above operations after the units have been rejected by testing and are sent back with test failure sheets, isolating the problem area. Plans work sequence by assessing work in progress to meet schedule requirements. Utilizes measurement equipment (e.g. reticle, drop indicator, bond puller) to check parameters during and after work to assure that the unit conforms to specifications. Collaborate with Manufacturing and Quality Engineering on procedures or to troubleshoot product to specifications.
• Previous experience in either wirebonding or ribbon bonding; Experience in microelectonics assembly
• Ability to work 10 hours under a microscope and utilize hand tools such as torque drivers, tweezers and other similar tools; Good dexterity, eye/hand coordination;
• Ability to read and work from detailed process sheets and drawings; Good computer skills are required to support retrieval of drawings and work instructions as well as other job activities
• Ability to work in a diverse team environment; Good interpersonal, teaming and communication skills
• Experience in hybrid assembly in accordance with Mil STD 883
• Ribbon bonding and welding of various sizes and on various material
• Wirebond skills such as gold wire bonding of in diameter.001 mil and .0007 mil to components or substrates; Experience wirebonding or ribbon bonding to ceramic or duroid substrates; Experience using Westbond and Metcal bonding machines and Unitech welder preferred.
• Experience in substrate and component attach, auto pick-and-place
• Experience operating auto or manual bonding equipment
• Familiarity working in an ESD and FOD controlled environment
• Experience in mechanical assembly processes of small electronic devices
• Experience working on military products in ISO 9001 / AS9100 controlled environments
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
4/10, 2nd Shift
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x239 or (800) 927-9318 x239
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.