- 185055 - Principal Engineer Manufacturing
- $45 to $48.00 DOE
- 1 year
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Principal Engineer Manufacturing for an opportunity in Melbourne, FL.
Program: Strike Program.
- Maintains configuration of the aircraft to Engineering requirements
- Provides guidance to Engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize existing equipment and manufacturing techniques
- Translates Engineering requirements into a product build package
- Collaborates with tool design on manufacturing requirements
- Controls the flow of parts
- Coordinates make vs. buy part decision
- Structures Manufacturing Bill of Material (MBOM)
- Defines sequence of operations and specifies procedures for product build
- Ensures manufacturing processes and procedures are in compliance with customer requirements
- Follows manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control and supporting data collection.
- Uses established manufacturing engineering procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment used to fabricate products
- Supports the build and test of product
- Clears constraints affecting production of aircraft
- Investigates and initiates corrective actions and improvements in product quality and efficiency
- Collaborates with tool design to ensure product build is repeatable
- Oversees the integration of aircraft assembly technologies and processes
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of complex and difficult problems
- Experience integrating products from engineering design to manufacturing floor
- Provides detailed written instructions that help facilitate product fabrication
- Independently determines and develops approach to solutions
- 13 Years of Manufacturing Engineering experience with a High School Diploma or GED; 5 Years of Manufacturing Engineering experience with a Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university; 3 year of Manufacturing Engineering experience with Master's Degree in STEM.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or
- Experience reviewing and interpreting electrical wire diagrams
- Experience supporting aircraft hydraulic and/or fuel integration/maintenance
- Experience supporting enhancement processes that improve production shop floor efficiencies
- Experience reviewing engineering models during concept design phase to correlate the manufacturing desired final engineering model
- Good communicator, ability to provide product improvement proposals and present to manufacturing leaders and technical team for approval.
- Experience providing innovative techniques focused on improving product designs and tooling assemblies or equipment
- Experience supporting aircraft maintenance and/or flight test operations
Bachelor's Science STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) Degree is required.
School must be accredited.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x286 or (800) 927-9318 x286
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.