- 185124 - Repair Technician
- $24.52 to $28.85 DOE
- 6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Repair Technician for an opening in Ayer, MA.
The Repair Technician is responsible for the daily execution of high quality, on-time, electro-mechanical product repair. The Repair Technician executes and completes repair orders, tracks and provides the status of the repair orders, completes the electronic and paper documentation required for the repair order, and uses the ERP system daily to manage the material requirements, routing, and completion of the work. The Repair Technician is responsible for completing repairs on the scheduling plan while meeting quality standards and on-time delivery. This position is responsible for the Evaluation, Test, & Assembly performance (accuracy, on-time delivery, and quality) of all assigned Repair Orders.
• Evaluate, diagnose, and repair electro-mechanical products including creating repair instructions for assembly and test groups as needed if repair requires assistance from other areas
• Enter part requirements and job routing information in ERP system to the unique requirements of each repair job
• Understand and use tools, hand-held meters, and custom test equipment to evaluate and implement product repairs
• Understand and use technical specifications and engineering drawings to evaluate and implement product repairs
• Work thouroughly and consistently to achieve on-time delivery of Repair Orders (evaluations and final repairs)
• Use ERP reports (dispatch, backlog, repair, etc.) to stay on schedule and complete work, on-time wuth high quality
• Meet all customer contract requirements so that the Repair order completion meets customer expectations and government accounting requirements (e.g. evaluation reports, Commercial Asset Visibility (CAV) Reporting, Wide Area Workflow (WAWF) Reporting, etc.)
• Assure that ERP data input for each Repair Order is timely and accurate and unique to each Repair Order (e.g. materials requirements, routings, estimated ship date, etc.)
• Identify and support Continuous Improvement, Lean, and Corrective Action activities
• Perform work using safe work practices and maintain daily 5s procedures
Looking for a candidate who has knowledge and experience with trouble shooting failures down to the component level.
Need experience in testing as well
• 5 years or more experience as an electro-mechanical Test Technician
• Strong problem solving skills
• Experience in Lean manufacturing preferred
• 5 years or more of direct ERP experience
Accredited High School Diploma/GED (College Degree a plus)
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x332 or (800) 927-9318 x332
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.