- 185152 - Model Maker
- NJ-New Jersey
- Up to $25.00 DOE
- 4 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Model Maker for an opening in Camden, NJ.
Reporting to the Manager, Hardware Engineering, performs a variety of manufacturing operations related to fabrication and/or precision machining of metal stock, sheet metal, plastics and laminates for use in the electronic industry and/or manufacturing assembly. Performs physical modification and assembly of electronics and Electro mechanical systems and development of prototype models. Works from limited documentation, diagrams, notes, prints and layouts. Additionally, performs setup and calibration of tools and mechanical gauges based on documented processes.
• Setting up and operating manual lathes, mills, radial drills, saws and other standard shop equipment.
• Knowledge of working properties of metals and plastics to machine required parts. Proficiency in applying diversified machining skills to accomplish exacting tolerances of finish, perpendicularity, concentricity, parallelism, and flatness.
• Select, align and position tools in holders to exacting tolerances. Select and set optimum speeds and feeds and tool travel stops as needed.
• Machining of aluminum, steel, plastics and other materials to engineering drawings.
• Ability to set up and operate 3-axis CNC milling centers, accommodating for work and cutter offsets.
• Ability to use or manually develop G and M code programming for CNC milling center operation.
• Ability to work to and hold close tolerances.
• Experience in complex measurements and advanced shop math calculations relative to tolerances and dimensions.
• Machining and forming of sheet metal using brake and other standard shop equipment.
• Perform layout, fabrication and assembly of mechanical units including those that are developmental in nature.
• Maintain tools, equipment and shop in a clean and orderly condition.
• Ability to use follow written or computer based calibration procedures and to efficiently document the results in an online database.
• Willingness to determine the acceptability of tools and gauges based on comparison to documented criteria.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in defense and aerospace, medical or computer industry preferred
• Demonstrated ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and sketches including those prepared using geometric tolerancing and true position dimensioning per ANSI Y14.5 .
• Knowledgeable in MS Office tools: Word, Excel
• Good communication, interpersonal and teaming skills
Associate’s Degree relevant to the role and responsibilities or Technical School diploma relevant to the role and responsibilities. Certificate or documented completion of apprenticeship with related experience may substitute for Associate’s degree or diploma.
9/80, 1st Shift
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x332 or (800) 927-9318 x332
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.