- 185162 - Receptionist
- Up to $20.00 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Receptionist for an opening in Millersville, MD.
The Receptionist provides administrative support to all functional areas within the company. Maintains clean and orderly office space to promote positive first impressions with guests. The Receptionist will use Microsoft Office products, Outlook, and internal systems to perform most activities. The receptionist greets visitors, routes incoming calls, and arranges lunches.
1. Greet visitors; notify person(s) being visited; if more than a few minutes wait seems likely, offer and serves coffee/water. Direct visitor to proper destination, if necessary; set up conference room for meetings.
2. Operate telephone console and routes calls promptly; does not leave callers on “Hold” and unattended for longer than 30 seconds. Obtain caller’s name and arranges for future appointment(s) with person called upon, if necessary.
3. Complete expense reports for Executive Management Staff.
4. Arrange and deliver weekly employee morale breakfast. Occasionally order and deliver breakfast and lunch meetings for managers, employees and customers.
5. Coordinate and complete travel arrangements including airline, hotel and rental car for employees and customers; notify person of all pertinent information needed for trip; solve problems or take corrective action when problems arise (i.e., changes in schedule, unsatisfactory hotel conditions, etc.), notify manager, if necessary.
6. Receive all incoming mail, interdepartmental mail, notices, messages and memoranda daily; sorts according to appropriate destination; distributes to all departments and persons.
7. Completes accounts payable mailing distribution.
8. Order and maintain office and cleaning supplies for 120+ employees.
9. Type memos, correspondence, reports and other documents.
10. Arrange for repair and servicing of faulty reproduction, printing and other office equipment and building maintenance; interfaces primarily with custodial and maintenance personnel for the facility.
11. Extensive calendar management and scheduling.
12. Support onsite and offsite meetings and events.
13. Promote cordial relationships and foster and maintain a favorable business profile with customers, suppliers, co-workers, industry and professional associations, government agencies and the local community.
14. Additional tasks as assigned.
1. Performs business errands as needed.
2. Performs other related tasks/duties of similar complexity as necessary.
1. Ability to work well with others, while also taking direction and completing tasks independently.
2. Strong computer skills, working knowledge of standard computer products and devices including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), the Internet, scanners and the ability to comprehend and learn new software.
3. Ability to write clearly and concisely.
4. Ability to speak, read, write, spell and understand the English language.
5. Good verbal skills, pleasant “telephone voice”, well-organized, good interpersonal skills, ability to meet deadlines, ability to act in a courteous and pleasant manner with visitors and ability to remain calm and act in a professional manner at all times.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
7am-4:30pm or 7:30am-5pm, M-F
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x260 or (800) 927-9318 x260
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.