- 185187 - Autonomous Software Engineer
- 8 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Autonomous Software Engineer for an opening in Broussard, LA.
Seeking a talent Software Engineer to help us build our autonomy platform. We provide a robust software product for monitoring and controlling our autonomous vessels. You will join the team building everything from high level mission planning software that runs remotely to the low level control software running on board each of our boats. As a consequence, you will have the opportunity to work in a wide variety of fields from computer vision to user experience design.
You will take ownership of the design, development and integration of new features that improve the overall performance, utility, and reliability of our platform. Your contributions will be critical to the success and growth of the company.
• Writing high-performance C++ code in a Linux environment
• Using your knowledge of object-oriented design principles to design and implement new
• Specification and documentation of software systems
Furthermore, our software stack includes software development in modern C++ on Red Hat-family Linux. We use Confluence and JIRA for project management, Mercurial for version control, Jenkins for continuous integration, and ReviewBoard for code review. Experience with any of these tools is a plus.
• A passion for solving challenging problems in the field of robotics
• Computer science theory and practice, either through a suitable degree or sufficient experience
• Familiarity with working in a Linux environment
• Willingness to travel to provide support, testing and integration with hardware.
Accredited BS Computer Science or similar degree
Sunday Ending, Day Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x305 or (800) 927-9318 x305
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.