- 185234 - Embedded Software Engineer Specialist
- $55 to $70.00 DOE
- 5 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Embedded Software Engineer Specialist for an opening in Plano, TX.
Responsible for requirements, analysis, design, development, testing and integration of software.
• Analyze and assist in the development of requirements flowed down by Systems Engineering to develop software architecture and software design.
• Design, document, develop and unit test software for systems in accordance with the Software Development Process and coding standards and guidelines.
• Participate in software design/code reviews
• Present designs in internal and external program meetings
• Participate in Integration efforts/Bug fixes
• Participate in estimating efforts for programs
• Provide input to project schedule, financial and technical goals as assigned
• Support risk assessment and development of mitigation strategies
• Other duties assigned
• A minimum of 5 years experience in Computer/Software Engineering field
• A minimum of 5 years experience in C/C++
• Fluent in C/C++
• Fluent in Python (including knowledge/experience with multiple Python packages)
• Experience with Object Oriented Programming
• Experience developing and testing software
• Experience with Version Control Tools
• Experience with software bug/issue tracking
• Experience designing and integrating technical software solutions.
• Experience controlling programmable test and measurement devices (i.e. SCPI, VISA)
• Experience interfacing with anechoic chambers and various test equipment (i.e. spectrum analyzers, signal generators)
• RF equipment knowledge
• Experience with Agile/Scrum
• Experience with Git
• Experience with CI/CD
• Defense experience
• Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
• Ability to travel up to 10%
• Support Field Testing
Accredited Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science, or related field with required years of software experience
9/80, 8a - 5p
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x271 or (800) 927-9318 x271
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.