- 185285 - Electrical Engineer FPGA
- RI-Rhode Island
- Up to $55.00 DOE
- 4 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Electrical Engineer FPGA for an opening in Ashaway, RI.
Under the general direction of the Electronic Systems Group Lead, the Electronics Engineer and the electrical engineering team designs and develops systems used in underwater sonar. The work pertains primarily to development of custom hardware and embedded firmware and software used in data acquisition and power distribution electronic assemblies that reside in underwater environments.
1. Implement assigned projects and project tasks to provide electrical and computer engineering solutions including: schematic capture, PCB/PWB design, embedded C/C++ software design, and FPGA design (VHDL preferred)
2. Work in a laboratory environment integrating electronics. Familiarity with lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, function generators, DC power supplies, and thermal chambers.
3. Support documentation, verification, and validation used in producing, evaluating, testing and processing high fidelity data acquisition systems.
4. Perform technical review, design analysis, development and selection of hardware components
5. Modify existing hardware and software for obsolescence updates and bug fixes
6. Ensure that assigned project tasks are completed, meet established technical and schedule requirements and comply with company’s quality system procedures. Identify and report quality problems in the assigned areas and recommend corrective action and/or alternative solutions to correct abnormal problems or trends that could jeopardize achievement of cost or schedule objectives.
7. Prepare design review material in support of SRR, PDR, CDR, FDR and technical audits for assigned designs.
8. Promote cordial relationships and foster and maintain a favorable business profile with customers, suppliers, co-workers, industry and professional associations, government agencies and the local community.
May perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
1. A Bachelor’s degree in Computer, Electrical, or Electronics Engineering is required. In special circumstances, knowledge gained through engineering related work experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
2. 3+ years of experience in custom hardware development preferred, not required.
3. VHDL utilizing Xilinx and Microsemi tool chains along with familiarity in C/C++ for microcontrollers and SoC implementations
4. Familiarity with high speed data transmission protocols (Gigabit Ethernet, PCIe)
5. Understanding of spectral analysis parameters and digital signal processing for data acquisition systems preferred
6. Git or similar version control system
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Strong analytic and communication skills.
2. Requires the ability to interpret and communicate engineering plans and specifications. Sound knowledge of engineering theory and design criteria.
3. Effective human relation skills are essential.
4. Ability to speak, read and write the English language.
1. Exerts up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
2. Employee regularly sits while using upper body movements including arms, hands and fingers operating computer equipment and other office equipment.
3. Employee occasionally stands and/or walks to go into meetings or for discussions with other administrative / office personnel.
4. Employee occasionally reaches with hands and arms in moving tools equipment and/or products as needed.
Other Work Conditions and Requirements:
1. Employee works in a quiet to moderately noisy environment.
2. Travel may be required for several days with notice via auto/air.
3. Testing aboard ship may be required from time to time.
Accredited Bachelor’s degree in Computer, Electrical, or Electronics Engineering is required. In special circumstances, knowledge gained through engineering related work experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x250 or (800) 927-9318 x250
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.