- 185363 - Help Desk Technician
- NH-New Hampshire
- Up to $26.00 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Help Desk Technician for an opening in Londonderry, NH.
The Help Desk Technician will be responsible for providing overall Level One technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, and software, to end-users via phone, remote access, and desk side support. Under supervision of the Director of Information Technology, the Technician will respond to queries, isolate problems, and determine and implement solutions. The candidate must have the ability to resolve end user problems quickly. The candidate must have excellent communications skills (both verbal and written), must manage time effectively and have strong organizational skills. The candidate must also have the ability and judgment to escalate support requests if necessary, as part of the Information Technology team
• Evaluate and prioritize incoming phone and email requests for assistance.
• Respond to queries either in person, over the phone, or via remote access.
• Operate and utilize the trouble ticket system, which will provide incident and problem management for issues related to computer systems (software and hardware).
• Install, modify, and repair computer hardware/software, which includes the set- up of new equipment to include maintenance of all existing work stations and inventory.
• Be familiar with industry diagnostic tools that will aid in troubleshooting problems.
• Create/update documentation of Standard Operation Procedures for the IT Department which includes interdepartmental and instructional information for employees.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Strong aptitude in OS repairs, hardware, upgrades and troubleshooting.
• Ability to utilize any/all tools available in order to remedy minor computer equipment malfunctions.
• Knowledge of computers in order to perform task listed under principal duties, and responsibilities.
• Knowledge of methodology to operate computer systems and to troubleshoot minor computer equipment malfunctions.
• Interpersonal skills necessary to assist and train others in computer systems.
• Must be a team player.
• Must maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment with little assistance.
• Working knowledge of LAN and WAN technologies
• Windows 7/10
• Install and configure PCs and printers
• Knowledge of Office 2010-2016
• Minimum one year of relevant experience or equivalent work experience.
• A+/Microsoft Certifications preferred
Accredited Bachelor degree is required
9/80, 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x252 or (800) 927-9318 x252
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.