- 185640 - UI/UX Designer
- Up to $47.37 DOE
- 6 Months, CTH
Chipton-Ross is seeking a UI/UX Designer for an opportunity in Rosslyn, VA.
We are seeking a UI/UX Designer who will serve as a designer and will be responsible for user experience and interface design. The ideal candidate will quickly yet thoroughly create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors as well as develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications. You should have excellent communication and team-oriented skills along with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Create user-centered designs for software projects by considering customer feedback
• Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of new web and on-device software applications
• Create and evaluate interaction models, user task flows, screen designs, and UI details that promote ease of use and optimize the user experience
• Breakdown complex requirements and concepts into well-thought visual designs and workflows
• Ability to work collaboratively with developers, project managers, and cross-functional teams to ensure that designs are successfully created and implemented to achieve the user goals
• Experience creating UI specs & wireframes. Flexibility and willingness to move from idea, to whiteboard, to execution quickly.
• Participates in testing, validating own and others’ functionality
• Minimum 5 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role
• Conceptual understanding of User Interface Design and the Design Process.
• Intermediate to advanced user of Adobe Creative Suite (or other designer tools)
• Intermediate level of HTML, CSS and Bootstrap
• Understanding of Less and Sass
• Understanding of responsive design and touch interface interaction techniques and be in sync with recent design standards and trends
• Understanding of the limitations of web and mobile, with approaches/ideas to flex those boundaries. A solid portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions across multiple interfaces and screen sizes.
Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field is required.
School must be accredited.
5/40 Work Week
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x252 or (800) 927-9318 x252
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.