- 185672 - Sr Principal Engineer Structural
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- $70 to $76.00 DOE
- 12 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking 3 Sr. Principal Structural Engineer 4's for an opportunity in Palmdale, CA.
The selected candidate will perform structural analysis on metallic and composite airframe structures. Essential Functions:
• Develop solutions to difficult problems that are thorough, imaginative, practical, and consistent with program objectives.
• Coordination and clear communication with other disciplines during the development of design solutions.
• Concise presentation and explanation of structural issues/solutions to internal management and customer representatives.
• Review of completed analyses, drawings, and repairs for accuracy, clarity, and completeness.
• Evaluation of engineering products for conformity to standards, procedures, and specifications.
• Leadership of a small team of structural analysis in the development of primary or secondary air vehicle structure.
Position requires experience in Composite Structural Analysis Methods and documentation, detailed analysis procedures, load path development, layout and detail sizing, impact damage effects, failure theories, stacking sequence/laminate analysis, environmental effects, bolted and bonded composite joints, and finite element modeling of composite structure.
• Extensive experience in Structural Analysis Methods and documentation, including hand-sheet analysis, as well as the development and manipulation of large FE Models of metallic and composite structures is required. Extensive proficiency with NASTRAN, PATRAN and/or FEMAP.
• Experience working on Special Access Programs
• Experience working on military aircraft
• BS degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, or Civil) and a minimum of 9 years of experience in Aerospace structural analysis or
• MS degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, or Civil) and a minimum of 7 years of Aerospace structural analysis experience.
School must be accredited.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x246 or (800) 927-9318 x246
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.