- 185766 - Buyer
- $20 to $30.00 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Buyer for an opening in Ayer, MA.
Obtains materials and services on budget, with high quality, and on schedule. Purchases a variety of materials classified as inventory, non-inventory, capital equipment, and services required by manufacturing, engineering and all other requisitioning departments. Obtains material and services quotes. Negotiates purchase pricing and schedule. Selects and develops sources of supply. Responsible for managing overall supplier performance, alternate sourcing, and costs.
• Review and analyze CostPoint MRP and other sources to determine material requirements.
• Perform required purchasing by directly contacting suppliers and also maintain cost and schedule information for the PO in CostPoint MRP.
• Perform quoting requirements by directly contacting suppliers and resolving issues in order to meet cost and schedule.
• Maintain inventory levels in accordance with company policy.
• Edit purchase requisitions, and assist internal customers with requirements. Recommend revisions, substitutes, and alternatives where quality, delivery, service, or cost improvements will result.
• Manage supplier performance to ensure continuity of supply and minimal material shortages.
• Prepare various reports as required.
• Participate in MRB activities, reconcile discrepant invoices, and handle adjustments with suppliers.
• Implement ECOs as required.
• Engage in procurement and inventory planning activities.
• Use good interpersonal skills, and effectively communicate with suppliers and internal customers.
• Perform assignments independently with some direction.
• Perform all other job-related duties.
A minimum of 3 years procurement experience in a technology-based, MRP, manufacturing environment.
• Experience must include the negotiation and/or issuance of purchase orders, purchase agreements, RFQ’s, and inventory programs.
• Must have experience in several of the following commodities: Off-the-shelf mechanical, electrical, electronics, printing, raw stock, packaging, plating, outside services, commercial and catalog products.
• Prior MRP experience required Deltek CostPoint preferred.
• Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet application programs.
• Able to understand electrical, electronic and mechanical terminology as it pertains assigned commodities
• Must have general knowledge of the marketplaces of assigned commodities.
• Understands the manufacturing processes or the distributions networks of assigned commodities.
Accredited Associate’s degree or the equivalent experience in the purchasing /materials discipline.
9/80, 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x260 or (800) 927-9318 x260
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.