- 185810 - Assembler
- Up to $18.00 DOE
- 9 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Assembler for an opening in Archbald, PA.
Assemble electro mechanical assembly's items. Assemble cables and harness assemblies. May be required to perform a variety of electrical assembly operations; such as soldering, wiring, cutting, chassis marking, preparing terminations, harness or cable forming and lacing. Individual will be required to follow proper techniques and procedures to produce quality product as required by specifications and standards. Individual will also be accountable to work within the planned labor standards and schedule requirements.
• Ability to understand and work to written technical instructions
• Familiar with use of basic hand tools and automated assembly machines
• Ability to read drawings
• Familiar with or ability to learn proper Electrostatic Discharge Sensitive (ESD) handling processes & procedures
• Ability to work under a microscope
• Ability to pass JST-001 and 002 soldering classes and tests along with program specific soldering class (soldering under a microscope)
• Apply potting and coating to assembly’s.
Previous Electrical and mechanical assembly experience
• Soldering experience and certifications
• Cable and harness assembly experience Should have knowledge of assembly and safety best practices and precautions when performing work to prevent damage to equipment, material or injury. Performs product work assignments in accordance with written technical instructions and engineering documentation. Receives departmental assignments through verbal direction from supervisor or group leader. Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned by supervisor or group leader. Responsible to maintain good housekeeping practices within their work cell and supports end of shift clean up duties. As business needs dictate, overtime or shift modification may be required.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
4/10, 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x182 or (800) 927-9318 x182
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.