- 185881 - Sr Accountant
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- $45 to $50.00 DOE
- 12 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Sr. Accountant for an opening in Sylmar, CA.
Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports. Maintains or oversees the control of accounts and records in such areas as disbursements, expenses, tax payments, and income. Compiles and analyzes financial information to record transactions, prepare reports, and review and verify accuracy. Prepares balance sheet and profit and loss statements, consolidated financial statements, and other accounting schedules and reports. May design, modify, install, and/or maintain accounting systems to ensure an adequate recognition of financial transactions. Responsible for the adherence to and communication of accounting and auditing policies and procedures.
• Assist in ME/QTR/YE actuals reporting and tasks
• ME/QTR/YE Actuals – Intercompany Accounting – JV’s Reconciliation and confirmation
• Weekly, Monthly Reporting
• GAAP Cash forecasts (Direct and Indirect)
• Balance Sheet Forecast; Working Capital analysis
• Assist with consolidation process – all financial reporting requirements
• Analyze financials for accuracy and reasonableness
• Interface with CFO and Program Managers
• Upload Forecast into HFM
• Special Projects (30-50% of total time)
• Support and prepare Tax 10K and Tax Package (Year End only)
• Account Reconciliations
• Revenue Recognition ASC 606
The ideal candidate will have at least 6 years of relevant accounting experience with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a finance or accounting related field.
Manufacturing accountant background
Candidates must have strong working knowledge of GAAP, financial statements,
down sheet, income statements, and cash flow..
• Strong accounting skills
• Ability to handle multiple priorities & projects
• Committed to timely/accurate results and meeting deadlines
• Customer driven (internal and external)
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Teamwork at all organizational levels
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel (the reason I say that is I don’t expect accountants to be proficient in PowerPoint or OneNote, for example)
• Willingness to learn
• Adaptable in a fast paced environment
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.