- 185885 - AutoCAD Designer
- $24.52 to $36.06 DOE
- 7 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an AutoCAD Designer for an opening in Ayer, MA.
In this dynamic role you'll use 2-Dimensional (2D) CAD software (AutoCAD) to modify and create detail electrical and electro-mechanical drawings, assembly drawings, sketches & diagrams. You must be familiar with ASME drafting practices and good with maintaining documents and files using PLM software.
• Use computer assisted design/drafting (CAD) equipment and software (AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical) to develop mechanical, electrical and electro-mechanical drawings using standard industry principles for product design.
• Create and revises production electro-mechanical drawings (schematics, assembly drawings with details).
• Generate mechanical drawings for use in sheet metal, machining and weld operations.
• Generate cable drawings, electrical schematics, and printed circuit board assembly drawings.
• Utilize knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, raw materials, processes and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
• Update Drafting / Engineering Standards, make source control drawings.
• Create and process engineering change notices (ECNs).
• Communicate with Quality Assurance, Engineering, Vendors, Buyers and Manufacturing departments regarding new and revised drawings.
• Build BOMs (Bill of Materials), resolve manufacturing issues, and implements ECRs and ECOs (Engineering Change Requests, Engineering Change Orders).
• Travel and working off-site at other locations may be required.
• Mechanical aptitude with ability to complete mathematical calculations - plane and solid geometry and trigonometry, fractions, percentages, ratios, proportions and measurements.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
9/80, 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x282 or (800) 927-9318 x282
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.