- 185903 - Merchandiser
- 3 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Merchandiser for an opportunity in Orlando, FL.
PURPOSE OF THIS JOB
The primary role of the Part Time Merchandiser (PTM) is to effectively service all customers in a safe, productive and professional manner by ensuring proper level of stock is maintained, displayed and rotated correctly at all large & small formatted “off premise” stores. Assist in some sales support by growing rapport with customers and upselling into an account when possible. PTMs embody the Client Values (Professionalism, Focus, Passion, & Responsibility).
· Ensure Clientl products are properly rotated and maintained in accordance with product rotation standards thereby minimizing Out Of Code and Damaged Product concerns
· Ensure that all Client equipment is clean, in good working order, and presented in a premium manner
· Maintain records required for compliance with internal policy, State and Federal regulations including driver logs, records of fuel purchase, mileage records, trainings and other records required by law
· Execute and adhere to client merchandising processes and routines
· Evaluate all competitors’ activities such as new launches and price reductions and communicate with Merchandising Manager or other members of sales team
· Build, protect, and grow the Client product portfolio
· Notify appropriate Account Sales Manager for pick up and / or exchange of any dented, damaged, or out of code product, as well as any out of stock items, and Quality Point of Distribution (QPOD) opportunities.
· Establish and maintain friendly and professional relationships with retail managers of accounts.
· Collaborate with sales team members in executing new programs and selling in large displays
· Work collaboratively across the organization and share best practices
· Lead by example and adhere to Company standards & Client Values
· Professional representation of the company and Client brand through responsible driving and in market presence
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS · Employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. · Employee frequently is required to walk and sit. · Employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. · Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds as needed. · Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. · Exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions · Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate · Forklift and commercial vehicle operations
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS · High School Diploma or GED required · Strong verbal and written communication skills, including being able to present / roll play in a group setting, selling to customers, customer service interactions · Strong mathematical skills · Strong technical skills with smartphone technology · Strong observatory and analytical skills in assessing product inventory · Strong organizational skills as demonstrated by an ability to set and handle multiple priorities · Exceptional time management skills and punctuality · Fluent in English · Must have a valid Drivers’ License with clean record · Must be 18+ years old · Reliable vehicle to be used for work purposes with at least the minimum insurance coverage necessary PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS · Prior merchandising experience preferred · Additional language skills an advantage.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
WORK HOURS: PART-TIME
Expected Hours/Week: 30
4 day route - Wed, Th, Sat, Sun
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.