- 185905 - Senior Level Data Scientist/Data Analyst (SAS)
- Up to $66.47 DOE
- 6 Months, CTH
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Data Scientist/Data Analyst (SAS) for an opportunity in Rosslyn, VA.
Position Requirements include, but not limited to:
• Support multiple analytic tools under Enterprise SAS such as SAS studio, Enterprise Miner, Enterprise Guide, SAS Visual Analytics, and SAS Management Studio.
• Apply maintenance releases, upgrades, and hot-fixes as required
• Design solutions to reduce the operational and management complexity of the SAS platform
• Design, implement, and maintain platform security
• Create SAS libraries
• Register and mange metadata for SAS libraries
• Maintain SAS user access
• Renew SAS licenses
• Responsible for the functional/technical administration of Enterprise SAS environment.
• This includes supporting the technical architecture as well as supporting end user inquiries.
• Provide subject matter expertise for production and / or platform issues.
• Establish best practices and guidelines for use of the SAS platform.
• Evaluate performance and recommend / implement measures to improve performance of the SAS environment.
• Provide recommendations on current and future platform capacity requirements.
• Create and maintain a library of supporting documentation.
o Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 6 years' experience. Additional experience may be substituted for degree.
o 3-5 years' experience in SAS implementation, installation, architecture design, and administration o Hands-on experience with SAS (PC SAS, Enterprise Guide, SAS Add-in for Microsoft Office, Enterprise Miner, SAS Studio)
o Strong SAS BASE development and debugging skills
o Experience with SAS Management Console and / or SAS Environment Manager
o Experience writing SAS programs and creating SAS configuration files
o Experience administering multi-tier SAS environments; various types of SAS servers; troubleshooting same
o Background in administering SAS Mid-tier (e.g., Stored Process, Workspace, OLAP, SAS VA, LASR Analytics servers)
o Proficient in SQL, Oracle, and/or Microsoft SQL Server
o Familiar with UNIX/LINUX shell scripting
o SAS Platform Administrator certification preferred
Accredited Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 6 years' experience. Additional experience may be substituted for degree.
FIRST SHIFT/ 5/40 WORK WEEK
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x242 or (800) 927-9318 x242
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.