- 185986 - Industrial Painter
- Salt Lake City
- $10 to $20.00 DOE
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Industrial Painter for an opening in Salt Lake City, UT.
Assist the painter in preparing metal products for priming, painting and touch-up of scratches or blemishes before final shipment. Basic knowledge of metal trailer painting would be a plus. Must be able to work in a team environment and also be able to make independent quality decision.
• Knowledge of Die Sander, Block Sander, Jitter Bug, Straight Line and Orbital
• Masking Machine Masking tape, various types and usage
• Different Grits and usage of Sand paper
• When to wet or dry sand
• Wax and grease removers
• Preparation of any various metal surfaces
• Rework or new application of surfaces to be painted
• Knowledge of how to select and use the of proper material such as primers spot putty, plastic and different types of bonding agents
This position requires 2+ years related work experience in industrial or metal painting/equipment.
• Basic Skills and knowledge of Painting/touch techniques on metal surfaces
• Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to adjust to frequent standing, walking, bending, crouching, reaching and stooping.
• Able to work in high and restricted places, under conditions of heat and cold and outside in inclement weather.
• Interact as a team player, have good communication skills and a commitment to overtime as necessary.
• Must be able to obtain and retain required certifications necessary for the position
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
4/10, 6:00 am - 4:30 pm
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x289 or (800) 927-9318 x289
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.