- 186058 - Electro-Mechanical Assembler C
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Up to $20.00 DOE
- 12 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Electro-Mechanical Assembler C for an opening in Gardena, CA.
Under close supervision of the Lead and/or Supervisor Production, the E/M Assembler C is responsible for simple and repetitive job assignments, consisting of both Magnetic and Electro-Mechanical assembly work ranging from simple to semi-complex in accordance with work order instructions, Engineering Drawings and Manufacturing Process Specifications.
1. Assemble Electro-Mechanical parts and perform inner chassis wiring connections using various tools.
2. Assemble Magnetic assemblies through all stages of the process, from core and coil assembly to final assembly.
3. Assemble wood creates/pallets as needed/required.
4. Perform simple to semi-complex cable assembly per shop order instructions and engineering drawing.
5. Must have basic understanding of standard hardware installation sequence.
6. Must be able to read hardware descriptions on Engineering BOM and physically identify the characteristic of the hardware.
7. Ability to communicate issues, concerns and/or questions to his or her supervisors/managers and/or support groups (Manufacturing Engineering, Planning, Quality and Inspection).
8. Complies with company’s safety rules and regulations.
9. Responsible for the accuracy of time charging on job performed.
10. Responsible for keeping his or her work area clean and well organized.
11. Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
1. Position requires 1 to 2 years experience in related magnetic and/or electro-mechanical assembly.
2. Able to pass soldering test and be certified ANSI-J-STD-001 as required.
3. Must possess good assembly blueprint reading skills.
4. Must be able to read and understand both written and verbal instructions in English.
5. Must have good understanding of hardware installation requirements.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, processes, procedures and work instructions. Ability to speak effectively before Lead/ Supervisor and fellow teammates including support groups.
Ability to add and subtract multiply and divide.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate though at time may require the use of hearing protection.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
9/80, 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x181 or (800) 927-9318 x181
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.