- 186115 - Electronic Assembler B
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Up to $17.50 DOE
- 12 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Electronic Assembler B for an opening in Anaheim, CA.
Under minimum supervision the Electronic Assembler B is responsible for identifying all electronic components, reading instructions and drawings and performing excellent soldering and de-soldering techniques.
1. Assembles and solders complex printed wiring assemblies per written and verbal instructions with few or no rejections.
2. Identifies and prepares components for assembly.
3. Performs PCB loading.
4. Uses hand tools and equipment to aid assembly.
5. Performs engineering order modifications and other requested changes.
6. Builds prototype assemblies if necessary.
7. Performs some simple rework.
8. Trains and provides leadership to lower level assemblers.
9. Assists in all areas of conformal coating as needed.
10. Other functions as assigned.
1. Two to four years experience in related electronic /Mechanical assembly.
2. Knowledge of drawings, parts lists, engineering orders, wiring lists and shop orders.
3. Able to perform simple rework and assemble complex assemblies and have satisfactory soldering techniques.
4. All skills must meet IPC J-STD-001 standards.
5. Must have Surface Mount Technology Soldering Experience (SMT)
6. Must have Thru Hole soldering experience
7. Must be either J-STD-001 Certified or IPC-610 certified
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add and subtract multiply and divide.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate though at time may require the use of hearing protection.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED, One year certificate from college or technical school desired. Must have two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
9/80, 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x185 or (800) 927-9318 x185
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.