- 186134 - Test Engineer
- Up to $34.00 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Test Engineer for an opening in Philadelphia, PA.
This is a hands-on position only that requires the ideal candidate to fully be able to conduct a multitude of electrical, functional, electro-mechanical, environmental, and performance tests of High Power Circuit Breakers, switchgear and power conversion and conditioning equipment. The design extent of this position is limited to developing custom test setup and test fixtures for interfacing test equipment as needed in order to execute the required tests.
• Performing a variety of electrical, mechanical and environmental tests on Navy Circuit Breakers and Switchboards efficiently, effectively, and in an independent manner in accordance with written test procedures and appropriate specification requirements
• Developing, building or making custom test set-ups to safely perform and validate all test requirements when needed, as required by the test procedure or specification requirements
• Neatly gathering and document all pertinent data in an objective manner while performing tests and provide analysis of the data with minimal oversight and assistance
• Developing and or updating test procedures
• Compiling test data and preparing test reports for presenting the data
• Objectively summarizing the results, and providing recommendations based on the analyzed data
• Reviewing third-party test reports for accuracy and completeness
• Having experience and knowledge of typical lab test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, meters, current and voltage sources, data acquisition and loggers for conduction electrical, functions, electro-mechanical tests, and troubleshoot company products and test set-ups
•Having the capability to use hand and power tools for creating and building custom test setups for conduction the testing of company products
•Having the capability to lift and/move up to 50 pounds without assistance
•Having the capability to do other manual tasks as needed for creating and building custom test setups for the preparation of performing required tests
• 3-5 Years of technical employment experience performing tests on electrical, electro-mechanical, and electronic systems
• Working knowledge of 3-Phase Electricity, Basic Electronics, Testing and Troubleshooting
• Possess the ability to read, interpret, and follow electrical wiring diagrams, schematics, and assembly drawings
• Experience and background with using various electronic testing equipment including, but not limited to Digital Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, AC/DC Power Supplies, Current sources Meggers, Dielectric Voltage Withstand, and data acquisition instruments
• Capable of troubleshooting non-functional equipment to determine the root-cause for the failure and recommend repair requirements
• Have an electro-mechanical aptitude, capable of working with common hand tools, and able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted safely
• Available to travel to off-site test facilities to assist and oversee a multitude of electrical, functional and environmental tests performed on company product, and verify compliance with test procedures
• Assist engineers and peers with testing, analysis of the test data, and the development of test procedures and test setups
• Maintain all company equipment and tools in good working condition and calibration certification
• Have the ability to effectively communicate test results and information
• Have the ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel to prepare test procedures and reports
Accredited Associates Degree, Trade School, Military Training, On-The-Job Training
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.