- 186191 - Mechanical Engineer
- $22.09 to $40.87 DOE
- 3 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Mechanical Engineer for an opening in Ayer, MA.
Under direct supervision, the Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the mechanical layout, function, packaging and manufacture of electro-mechanical naval based communication and control systems. The engineer is responsible for ensuring the design satisfies system requirements including thermal, mass properties, structural and manufacturing considerations
• Interprets customer specifications to define requirements for mechanical designs.
• Applies the Autodesk Inventor 3D CAD system to create mechanical layouts and drawings.
• Designs mechanical and electromechanical assemblies using design for manufacturing (DFM), design for assembly (DFA) principles.
• Develops detailed fabrication and assembly drawings, performs tolerances analysis, design studies and trade studies.
• Specifies mechanical components, standards and mechanical best practices.
• Troubleshoots and resolves mechanical manufacturing and assembly failures.
• Support testing, installation, operation, maintenance and repair of electromechanical equipment.
• Generates project cost estimates and maintains project budgets and schedule.
• Performs thermal and structural analyses and generates analysis reports.
• Generates engineering design change orders and reviews the work of peers.
• Uses established and well defined engineering procedures.
• Able to work simultaneously on a variety of projects.
• Travel and work off-site at another location may be required.
• In persuit of a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
• 0-3 years experience in mechanical engineering design of electromechanical equipment and systems.
• Practical experience with computer aided design and analysis software tools.
• Good communication skills
• Completed statics/dynamics, vibration and fluid dynamics course work.
Mechanical aptitude with ability to complete mathematical calculations - plane and solid geometry
and trigonometry, fractions, percentages, ratios, proportions and measurements.
Familiarity/Ability to perform Finite Element Analysis and thermal calculations.
In pursuit of a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
9/80, 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x250 or (800) 927-9318 x250
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.