- 186203 - Occupational Health & Safety Specialist 3
- New Orleans
- 7 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Occupational Health & Safety Specialist Level 3 located in New Orleans, LA.
• Plan, implement, assess, and monitor Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) PROs, programs, and processes to maintain a safe and healthy work environment in compliance with the client, NASA, Federal, State and local requirements.
• Provide and develop training and instructions for EHS related topics.
• Review Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), process work plans, and Job Hazard/Safety Analysis for site operations as part of the operational work team support.
• Assist with regular Industrial Hygiene activities including sampling and operational support for primer spray operations, Isocyanate spray operations and other potential Industrial exposure hazards.
• Conduct audits, inspections, assessments, annual program reviews and investigations to identify and resolve EHS hazards and non-compliances.
• Identify and address EHS concerns, hazards, unsafe conditions, or opportunities for improvement; Evaluate and assess identified issues; and develop solutions and corrective actions to address, eliminate, or mitigate the identified concern. Work with management to facilitate risk management decisions.
• Maintain and analyze basic EHS records and provides reports on compliance performance to internal customers.
• Supports internal customers with EHS processes, programs, issues and requirements.
• Work with site and program engineers to ensure safe tool designs and processes, resolve safety tool design issues, and work solutions to existing tool design issues to ensure safe operations throughout the site.
• Prepare compliance and technical reports to meet Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) regulatory requirements.
• Evaluate impact of new regulations on company operations.
• Review vendor, contractor and supplier activities for EHS compliance for site processes and program goals.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience:
• Detailed knowledge of safety regulatory requirements and how they are applied to manufacturing operations;
• Experience in planning and performing EHS audits and assessments;
• Experience with exposure sampling and Industrial Hygiene.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Experience):
• Prior experience working with NASA is desirable;
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP) is preferred.
Accredited Bachelor's and typically 6 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
4:00 PM - 4:00 AM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x261 or (877) 244-5418 x261
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.