- 186217 - Manufacturing Technician
- Salt Lake City
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Manufacturing Technician for an opening in Salt Lake City, UT.
The Manufacturing Technician will work closely with Design Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, and Test Engineering on existing and new products. Technicians will follow dispatch to manage work in progress (WIP) to meet schedules. They may act as mentors to assemblers to help build skills and improve quality. They will assist with Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) efforts on the floor. Technicians will have daily assembly responsibilities with minimal supervision.
• Work with engineering documentation, blueprints, schematics, and electrical specifications.
• Develop and document efficient workflow(s) to meet quality, cost, and schedule requirements.
• Perform Continuous Process Improvement projects.
• Use good judgment and decision-making skills.
• Maintain professional standards of performance, demeanor, and judgment at all times.
• Collaborates with Manufacturing Engineering and Assembly to determine root cause of failures and identify potential rework or repair opportunities.
• Maintain high ethical standards.
• Support OT (nights, weekends, extended hours) as needed to meet schedule requirements and business needs.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by Management.
• Thorough understanding of electromechanical product assembly processes, techniques, and tools.
• Experience with new build and repair is preferred.
• Able to build high-quality cable/harness assemblies with minimal oversight or instruction.
• Familiarity with CCA assembly techniques.
• Familiar with and able to interpret drawing/process specifications.
• Experience collaborating with engineering and assembly to develop robust processes.
• Excellent ethical behavior.
• Proficient computer skills. Experience with SAP/Teamcenter is a plus.
Associate Degree/Certificate from an accredited technical, military, or recognized electronics program or equivalent experience (work and/or education).
9/80, 2nd Shift 3pm-11pm
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x239 or (800) 927-9318 x239
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.