- 186306 - Test Technician
- $18.75 to $29.30 DOE
- 3 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Test Technician for an opening in Ayer, MA.
Responsible for performing a wide variety of tasks associated with the testing and troubleshooting of products.
• Duties include, but are not limited to testing, calibration, and assembly of products working from test procedures and drawing details.
• Setup and complete component testing making adjustments, and/or repairs to meet product tolerances and specifications.
• Perform assembly, wire, and other functions prior, during, and after test operations.
• Responsible for final product quality and all documentation required for each job as well as using the ERP system to log time and complete transactions.
• Analyze test results, implement problem solving and/or develop specifications and procedures. Prepare and present reports and recommend solutions to technical problems.
• Responsible to complete all work within Manufacturing guidelines and work instructions for quality while demonstrating a high level of efficiency as measured by Manufacturing performance metrics (including quality, on-time delivery, completing work within budgeted time, etc.)
• Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required to resolve problems and make recommendations.
• Normally receives no instruction on routine work and limited guidance on new assignments.
• Requires 3+ yrs. of related testing and calibration experience.
• Requires reading, writing and math skills and the ability to work from established drawings and test procedures.
• Ability to repair/adjust equipment needed to perform assigned tasks required. Minimal supervision required.
• Ability to work overtime as needed, with minimal notice. Electronic troubleshooting, especially with integrated hardware, software and firmware products, is a key requirement of this position.
• Must speak and read English, and be willing to work in a team atmosphere.
• Must be able to lift up to 10-15 pounds.
1st Shift 9/80 (6am-3:30pm)
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x181 or (800) 927-9318 x181
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.