- 186383 - Facilities Maintenance Technician
- SC-South Carolina
- Hilton Head
- Up to $18.00 DOE
- 5 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Facilities Maintenance Technician for an opening in Hilton Head, SC.
Responsible for administering preventive maintenance/repair work processes on glass melting and annealing equipment, metal and glass machining equipment, and includes repair as well as preventative maintenance for facility physical plant structure. The Facility Maintenance Technician will also collaborate with manufacturer technicians as well ensure general housekeeping on facility equipment is performed and other ancillary services as requested. To provide integrity and quality control by consistently delivering superior maintenance and servicing company equipment and facilities while maximizing personal productivity.
1) Will perform preventative maintenance, and execute diagnostics for emergency repairs to high level of competence utilizing engineering, owner manuals, and operator input.
2) Will perform fabrication on glass melting equipment to include welding, cutting/drilling refractory boards, and wiring.
3) Inspection of opto-mechanical devices and optical components.
4) Maintain necessary preventative maintenance cycles of time and steps taken to ensure production machines are at peak performance.
5) Reports any irregularities to immediate supervisor to determine if higher tier maintenance is required. They will request specialty technician when repair is not localized or is a complex repair or requires specialty tools.
6) Support secondary manufacturing maintenance operations such as grinders, saws, drill presses, etc.
7) Be knowledgeable and remain current with all shop machine manuals and processes, regulations and guidelines including electrical equipment attached to buildings.
8) Be knowledgeable and remain current with all safety guidelines with regards to facilities and environmental compliance issues.
9) Acquire technical updates from manufacturers on machines and support equipment as necessary to provide, proper repair and maintenance updates.
10) Communicate the status of lack of material, out-of-service machines and/or equipment to the Shop supervisor well in advance of each work process for which would ordinarily be needed to complete scope of work.
11) Maintain accurate time keeping on repair work orders of all shop and maintenance related work.
12) 1st Line of defense for all company facility repairs.
13) Maintains preventative maintenance cycles for facilities equipment.
14) Reviews facility buildings, fences, gate operators, shops, and offices for structural and cosmetic repairs.
15) Performs light maintenance of offices i.e. light bulb changes, ballasts, key locks, door operations, and maintenance.
16) Oversees sign installs, building additions, concrete repairs in conjunction with administration.
17) Replaces worn or damaged machine parts, on buildings such as nozzles, tips, washers, and electrical boards.
18) Will liaison with all facility vendors on electrical, HVAC, and plumbing.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
9/80, 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x182 or (800) 927-9318 x182
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.