- 186412 - Software Requirement Development Specialist
- $31.12 to $51.87 DOE
- 1 year
- Chipton Ross is seeking a Software Requirement Development Specialist in McLean, VA,
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a software requirement development specialist (user application liaison) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
The qualified applicant will be working with Northrop Grumman's MedDRA MSSO (Maintenance and Support Services Organization), which is a 21-year program that maintains a medical terminology used globally by health authorities and the biopharmaceutical industry.
MedDRA (Medical Dictionary for Regulatory Activities) is a medical terminology used to classify adverse event information associated with the use of biopharmaceuticals and other medical products (e.g., medical devices and vaccines). The MSSO serves as the repository, maintainer, and distributor of MedDRA as well as the source for the most up-to-date information regarding MedDRA. The MSSO is seeking a software requirements developer to interface between systems analysts/programmers and users to ensure that information technology designs meet the needs of the end users for the applications in use by the MedDRA project.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Learn and understand the MSSO business process and how the developed software applications and their functions intersect with business objectives
• Act as a liaison between the application subject matter experts and the software developers to represent user interests
• Document application requirements with application stakeholders
• Work with software developers, testers and other stakeholders to explain requirements
• When needed, develop test procedures to ensure user requests are carried out
• When needed, conduct and document application tests
• Coordinate results of tests to ensure identified issues are captured and addressed
• Work with the IT manager to ensure that requirements development, tests and other related activities are performed per schedule
• Assist with developing or editing other technical documentation such as user guides, software development procedures, specification documents or other related documents for use on the project
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below: • Bachelor’s Degree and 6 years’ experience as a software requirements developer or a total of 10 years of relevant experience
• Experience developing requirements for a variety of internal and externally used applications
• Experience working with application stakeholders to develop requirements, test scripts and related documentation
Preferred Qualifications: Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Experience with requirements development of workflow and invoicing systems
• Experience with developing or updating technical documentation
• Basic understanding of software development practices and approaches
• Knowledge of basic information security practices to aid in requirements development
School must be accredited.
8:00am to 5:00pm
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x242 or (800) 927-9318 x242
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.