- 186477 - Tool Design Engineer
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- 12 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Tool Design Engineer for an opening in Palmdale, CA.
Responsible for the design, development and implementation of equipment, tools, dies, gauges, jigs, fixtures, industrial machinery, prototype model production and machine attachments required for production or experimental use, considering such factors as accessibility, economy, mobility, and performance requirements. Comprehensive understanding and wide application of engineering and technical principles, theories and concepts will be expected. Determines, provides and develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems unique to each program assigned, with minimum direction or supervision.
- Minimum of 8-years of demonstrated professional Tool Design experience.
- MUST BE proficient in CATIA-V5 Generative Shape, Part, Assembly & Drafting workbenches.
- Proficient in the use of GD&T.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in aircraft tool design and fabrication, including composite lay-up and large assemblies.
- MS-Office proficient.
- CATIA-V4 or V6 experience.
- Experience in structural analysis.
- Experience working in a fast paced, developmental environment.
Accredited BS+9-15 YRS or MS+7-13 YRS
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x282 or (800) 927-9318 x282
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.