- 186494 - Project Engineering Specialist 3
- Hood River
- Up to $50.00 DOE
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Project Engineering Specialist 3 for an opportunity in Hood River, OR.
Seeking a Project Engineering Specialist to support the Product PSE Team on multiple projects. Candidates must have experience developing project plans, and managing execution of those plans to budget, scope and schedule. Candidates must demonstrate a history of agility, strong technical competence, and an ability to move between multiple projects and teams on a daily basis.
- Establishes design concepts, criteria and coordinates multidiscipline engineering efforts, including development, integration and test, for ongoing or routine projects.
- Performs engineering planning, integration, verification and validation and evaluates alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses.
- Develops and administers work breakdown structure (WBS) of projects.
- Creates milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules; identifies project issues and proposes solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Monitors performance metrics.
- Prepares and presents outcomes, assessments and corrective action initiatives.
- Identifies corrective actions to improve project or team performance.
- Coordinates activities of project personnel.
- Submits project deliverables.
Knowledge of the Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and its application.
Exercises engineering judgment in developing appropriate decisions considering decision criteria, implications, and possible consequences, to ensure product design integrity.
Demonstrates understanding of the applicable scientific and engineering knowledge and involves others in obtaining information for the engineering decision-making process.
Knowledge of various engineering disciplines such as electrical, mechanical, and systems. The ability to communicate with technical personnel from multiple skill areas and functions to evaluate technical information and issues impacting design, production, and support of products, services, or other deliverables.
Manages budgetary and/or financial processes to ensure appropriate fiscal performance.
Knowledge of Project Management theory, concepts and principles (e.g., theory of constraints, critical path methodology, project risk management, triple constraints, project scope management, project management lifecycle etc.).
Knowledge of project planning principles and techniques to achieve desired outcomes on budget and on plan. Ability to define, design and plan projects, achieve project deliverables, and optimize the contributions of internal and external resources.
Ability to create project schedules to identify overall timeframe for project activities to meet the defined project objectives (to include major milestones), identify resource requirements for projects, and manage those resources throughout the project life cycle.
Accredited Technical bachelor’s degree and 5 or more years related work experience or a Master’s degree with 3 or more years. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in mathematics, sciences or technologies.
9/80 WORK WEEK
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.