- 186563 - Lead, Software Engineer
- CA-Ventura County
- Up to $56.25 DOE
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Lead, Software Engineer for an opening in Goleta, CA.
Subject matter expert with comprehensive knowledge of job area and in-depth knowledge of project management. Manages large, complex project initiatives of substantial importance to the organization with minimal oversight or direction. Communicates within and outside of the organization to explain and influence changes to practices, processes and approaches. Makes significant improvements in processes, systems, or products. Provides input into new products/processes and implements operational plans that have measurable impact on business or functional results.
Recognized as an internal expert and thought leader in area of expertise with broad experience across multiple job areas. Works under consultative direction against annual goals to manage large, complex project initiatives of strategic importance to the organization. Communicates within and outside of the organization to influence leadership to accept new practices, approaches, and concepts. Develops or champions new systems, concepts, or technologies. Recommends tactics and strategies that directly impact the achievement of overall business or functional results.
• UI design/implement
• Responsible for research, design, and development of computer software systems, in conjunction with hardware product development.
• Primarily responsible for the design and development of software products for a variety software applications.
• Participates in all phases of the software development life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration, and test of software products.
• Applies computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis concepts and principles in the development of software for the target application.
• Works closely with cross functional members of the engineering organization to develop and evaluate interfaces between hardware and software, and operational performance requirements and design of the overall system.
• Develops software test procedures, software programs, and related documentation.
• Contributes to determining, estimating, and validating the cost and scope of software efforts to ensure software performed meets program cost, schedule, and technical constraints.
• Other duties as assigned
• Requires comprehensive level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
• May have in-depth knowledge of project management.
Accredited Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
9/80, 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x242 or (800) 927-9318 x242
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.