- 186582 - Engine Design Engineer
- Hood River
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Engine Design Engineer for an opportunity in Hood River, OR.
Oversees all phases of the engine development cycle, specializing in engine technology. Establishes and/or approves engine and component specifications and performance targets. Performs design efforts, layout and evaluation of engine systems and components. Researches and develops methods and technologies to improve performance, reliability, durability and manufacturability. Assesses impact on current design approaches and implements best practices. Establishes and reviews test criteria, development documentation and engineering drawings. Perform verification and validation testing and evaluates test outcome data. Reviews and analyzes engine flight and bench test data findings. Reviews and/or conducts failure mode, effects, and criticality/failure root-cause analysis. Establishes areas for design improvement. Evaluates production and configuration problem trends. Reviews and approves assembly and operator instructions. Establishes and implements minimum engine acceptance criteria.
- Knowledge of engineering tests techniques, including handling qualities, performance, systems testing, structural loads, propulsion, etc.
- Knowledge of internal combustion engine design to include 2/4 stroke, carbureted/electronic fuel injected, spark ignited/compression ignition, gasoline and heavy fuel delivery/combustion.
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering theories (e.g., compressible/incompressible fluid flow, Bernoulli's Theorem, thermodynamics, control theory, Mohr's theory of stress) and methods/formula selection (e.g., vibration analysis, load calculations, heat transfer, flow, root cause analysis, pressure drop).
- Extensive experience in propulsion and aviation engines. Experience in 2 cycle engines with heavy fuel combustion capability is a plus.
Typical experience: 5-8 years in an engineering classification with a Bachelor's degree or 3-6 years’ experience in an engineering classification with a Master's degree.
FULL TIME - 9/80 WORK WEEK
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x284 or (800) 927-9318 x284
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.