- 186857 - Contracts Administrator
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- $26 to $35.00 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Contracts Administrator for an opening in Torrance, CA.
We are searching for a candidate to grow with the business and who is willing to take on tasks with varying complexity and increasing responsibility.
This position requires working closely with (and reporting to) the Director of Contracts, other Contracts Team members, as well as the Technical and Program Management teams. The ideal individual desires a position with high growth potential, is a quick learner, organized, and can communicate clearly and effectively. This position requires operating under limited supervision once training is complete and the ability to master multi-tasking the complexities of Commercial and Government contract management.
• Manage contracts of varying complexity and values. Ownership of contracts and programs worked. This job will enable a motivated individual to grow in their experience in commercial and Government contracts.
• Management of contracts through the full lifecycle includes contract formation, execution, modification, and close out as applicable.
• Work with export POC for export documentation & shipping documents in accordance with EAR/ITAR and corporate requirements.
• Leads contract negotiations to address terms, conditions, scope, and price.
• Assists and advises Program Management in all contractual matters, including risk mitigation and negotiation of advantageous terms.
• Reviews and analyzes all contractual documentation to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and corporate guidance.
• Supports proposal teams in strategy formation, preparation, approval and submittal of proposals in response to customer requests.
• Researches complex contractual matters and prepares recommended courses of action for management consideration.
• Acts as the agent of the company by interfacing directly with Commercial Customers, Contract Administrators, Contracting Officers, DCAA and DCMA.
three to five years of experience in contract administration or policy compliance in Government and/or commercial contracting.
Working body of knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS) preferred. For those that lack experience, more junior level position may be considered
Excellent communication skills, business acumen, and customer management skills are essential.
Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or Juris Doctorate (JD) is a plus. Certification in Federal Contract Management (CFCM) is desired.
Accredited Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field.
9/80, 1st shift 8-5
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.