- 187009 - Assembler A
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- $17 to $19.00 DOE
- 12 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Assembler A for an opening in Gardena, CA.
The individual performs this task has the responsibility of incorporating core assembly into coil assembly to form a complete transformer to be ready for functional testing prior to varnish and final assembly. Ability to perform simple to complex mechanical assemblies per engineering drawing with minimum supervision.
1. Performs core assembly per work instruction and engineering drawing.
2. Responsible for making sure that the completed core assembly is free from irregular sharp edges that could cut through coil form of the coil assembly.
3. Installs coil assemblies onto core assembly using mounting hardware and associated fabricated parts per assembly drawing and making sure that required electrical clearances between coil and core are maintained.
4. Ability to communicate issues, concerns and/or questions to his or her supervisors and/or design engineers.
5. Responsible for the accuracy of time charging on job performed.
6. Responsible for keeping his or her work area clean and well organized.
7. Complies with company’s safety rules and regulations.
8. Performs other duties assigned by management.
Must have 2-5 years related transformer production experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED. One year certificate from college or technical school desired.
9/80, 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x185 or (800) 927-9318 x185
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.