- 187021 - Facilities Estimator
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Redondo Beach
- Up to $45.00 DOE
- 1 year
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Facilities Estimator for an opportunity in Redondo Beach, CA.
· Identify and quantify cost factors, such as time, materials, and labor expenses
· Read blueprints and technical documents in order to prepare estimates
· Visit jobsites to gather information on; conditions, materials needed, labor required, and other cost impacting factors if required
· Collaborate with project managers, engineers, architects, contractors and customers on estimates
· Develop and/or analyze project schedules in conjunction with project managers
· Utilization of Estimating books and computer software to calculate estimates
· Development of presentation materials of prepared estimates.
· Review project change orders to determine if fair and reasonable
· Calculate Demolished capital asset valuations
· Provide estimates to support annual operating plans and long range strategic plans
· Assures quality service by following Corporate and organization standards
· Develops and maintains archive of estimates to promote continuity across sites within the sector.
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending seminars, educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
6 Years with Bachelors; 4 Years with Masters.
Experience with interpreting data.
Experience with producing and reviewing construction estimates.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word and Power Point
Ability to read and interpret architectural and engineering plans, drawings, and specifications for quantities take-off and cost estimates
Strong Financial skills and the ability to effectively forecast project costs.
Demonstrated experience in effectively forecasting and tracking project cost
Proficient in MS Project (Schedule Development)
Experienced in facilities or construction project management
Bachelors degree required.
School must be accredited.
9/80 workweek, 1st shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x258 or (800) 927-9318 x258
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.