- 187084 - Systems Engineer Level 4
- Hood River
- Up to $62.00 DOE
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Systems Engineer 4 for an opportunity in Hood River, OR.
Seeking a highly experienced Systems Engineer to provide technical leadership on a rapid development project.
- Help define and author HLDs, architectures, etc.
- Defines systems concepts of operations
- Work with Software and Hardware Integration Engineers to perform sub system functional testing
- Work with Flight Test Engineers on system-level functional testing
- Oversees and approves system requirements definition, synthesis, analysis and allocation.
- Evaluates requirements decomposition.
- Reviews and approves functional/physical block diagrams and interface requirements.
- Establishes vertical/horizontal requirements traceability standards.
- Validates verification methodology and establishes quality assurance standards
- Establishes system architecture, reviews decomposition and defines modeling standards.
- Monitors development activities and takes action to meet schedules.
- Reviews functional analysis and allocation.
- Defines use cases and approves information exchanges.
- Evaluates and/or shapes customer requirements, constraints, and operational expectations.
- Defines system design objectives and establishes trade study criteria.
- Monitors and mitigates technical risks. Identifies and captures technical opportunities. Reviews and approves mitigation and capture plans.
- Defines specialty engineering standards.
- Reviews and approves system configuration baseline.
- Coordinates development of technical content and conducts system design reviews.
- Defines criteria and standards for system modeling and system/subsystem integration.
- Establishes minimum testing criteria and reviews/approves test plans and procedures.
- Defines interface protocols and standards.
- Oversees integrated tests and reviews and approves verification and validation results.
- Defines analysis methodology to include affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human factors/human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility and system security.
- Reviews and approves analysis products.
- Monitors changes in regulatory and certification standards and incorporates into engineering processes.
- Establishes subcontractor statements of work and monitors quality and performance
- Knowledge of various engineering disciplines such as electrical, mechanical, and systems. The ability to communicate with technical personnel from multiple skill areas and functions to evaluate technical information and issues impacting design, production, and support of products, services, or other deliverables.
- Skill and ability to: collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze data; summarize findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources.
- Ability to establish test requirements from supporting documentation, test plans, internal and external customers. Knowledge of domestic and international regulations (e.g. FAA and DOD regulations) on the certification of test articles/vehicles to assure compliance of design.
- Knowledge of how to derive and allocate requirements (e.g., system, sub-system, software) and show traceability throughout the product lifecycle.
- Knowledge and understanding of phases of system development lifecycle including (requirements definition, system design, build/integrate, test and deployment).
- Knowledge of systems design and scientific principles to develop, design, analyze, test, and validate solutions for complex systems and sub-systems.
- Knowledge of relevant process, tools, technology, and competencies for Systems Engineering Management skill area which include one or more of the following: Customer Engineering; Systems Requirements and Architecture; Systems Engineering Technical Management; Systems Integration, Verification, and Validation; Ops Analysis / Systems Modeling and Simulation; Reliability, Maintainability, Testability, Human Systems Integration, Systems Safety, Survivability/Vulnerability/Susceptibility and System Security.
- Knowledge and understanding of the methodology and processes associated with risk management, conducting trade studies including cost as an independent variable (CAIV) trades. Ability to: identify and quantify potential risks areas within specific (depth) and across multiple engineering disciplines (breadth); understand design constraints (technical, cost & schedule); identify and trade alternatives (i.e., trade studies); select/recommend the best plan for mitigating risks; implement and execute plans for mitigating risk; and establish appropriate performance tracking metrics to track risk burndown over time. Ability to effectively utilize risk management tools (iso-risk charts/plots, waterfall, etc) to support program/project execution.
This job is limited to employees who, in the performance of their assigned work, regularly apply engineering disciplines to the research, design, development, test, and evaluation of company products, facilities, or manufacturing process and have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree of Science from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. Typical experience: 9-13 years in an engineering classification with a Bachelor's degree or 7-11 years’ experience in an engineering classification with a Master's degree.
FULL TIME - 9/80 WORK WEEK
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x179 or (800) 927-9318 x179
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.