- 187203 - Material Handler
- Up to $16.00 DOE
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Material Handler for an opening in Franklin, MA.
he Material Handler II will be a key team member driving the success of our manufacturing warehouse. You will be responsible for accurately managing the physical movement of material stock receipts, inventory transfers, de-trash and put-away within the warehouse executing the daily cycle count program and reconciling inventory variances and identifying root causes.
• Demonstrate the ability to work as a team member in a high activity environment
• Using ERP systems to ship, receive and stocks parts, counts, picks and delivers and transfers inventory to various locations.
• Ensures correct inventory balances and material identification are maintained throughout the process.
• Ensures that inventory locations are clearly identified and maintained and that inventory is continuously aligned with automated inventory records.
• Maintains the identity of material as it moves through the inventory management process.
• Maintains alignment between automated location records in ERP systems and the physical identification of those locations.
• Trains to and follows documented (ISO9001) procedures regarding material transfers, bin locations, material returns, etc.
• Follows HAZMAT storage policies and procedures.
• Support the cycle count program and maintains compliance to corporate financial procedures by driving effective root cause analysis and effective counter measures to improve inventory accuracy.
• Maintain a neat, orderly, well-organized, and safe working environment for logistics areas based on 5 S and OSHA requirements.
• Actively engaged in and support PPI and Lean activities.
• Work with internal and external customer’s in a professional manner
• Accurately manage the physical movement of material stock receipts, customer orders, inventory transfers, de-trash and put-away from the receiving dock to the warehouse and other facility storage locations.
• Support Shipping and Receiving Departments as needed.
• Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor and Logistics Manager.
Experience Two to five years’ experience in a shipping, receiving and materials handling in a manufacturing environment.
• Demonstrable proficiency with computers and working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office applications or equivalent.
• Good written and verbal skills.
• Basic knowledge of inventory control practices.
• Demonstrates problem solving skills and teamwork.
• Knowledge of ERP systems, knowledge of SAP preferred.
• Experience with forklifts and /or fork lift certification preferred.
• Ability to use or learn how to use the necessary tools to build wood crates and skids.
• Ability to take and pass DOT training and a 40-hour Radiation Safety Course.
• Experience with material handling equipment (hand trucks, high bay storage, etc.).
• Knowledge of inventory control practices preferred. Physical Requirements
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50 Lbs.
• Ability to work while standing and sitting (approximately 70 % of the time).
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x340 or (800) 927-9318 x340
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.