- 187217 - Electrical Engineer
- $33 to $36.00 DOE
- 2 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Electrical Engineer for an opening in Cincinnati, OH.
Applies electrical, electronic and mechanical engineering principles to components, subsystems and systems, including assembly, analysis, testing and documentation; construction of developmental assemblies, sub-assemblies and components.
• Conduct failure analysis with minimal oversight
• Perform analysis of products to show compliance to derating guidelines and manufacturers' specifications. Various CAD/CAE tools may be used for this.
• Computer Skills
• Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform basic engineering tasks.
• Investigate and test vendors' components, perform design selection
• Modify existing designs for new applications
• Create documentation of design / product with minimal oversight – drawings, specifications, compliance matrices, test plans and test reports
• Assist with generation of DOMs and DIPs (applies for all levels)
• Basic understanding of GD&T (geometric design and tolerancing) – Mechanical Engineer only
• Participate in and prepare materials for internal design reviews (IDR) Understand configuration management as it applies to product documentation
• Create design verifications with minimal oversight
• Procure parts for development
• Assist with the fabrication and test of prototype hardware
• Perform and/or oversee design verification tests IAW plan/instructions Solder or machine tool trained per current requirements or equivalent skill
• Troubleshoot / repair circuits or mechanical structures
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that is cooperative and supportive of customers, co-workers and managers.
• Other duties as assigned
Requires practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
Accredited Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree or equivalent with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience.
4/10, 7am - 5 pm flexible
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x246 or (800) 927-9318 x246
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.