- 187275 - IP Network Engineer II
- Kansas City
- $40.44 to $58.82 DOE
- 6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a IP Network Engineer II for an opening in Kansas City, MO.
Understands and assist in technical strategies in the design, configuration and maintenance of LAN, WAN and wireless networks to ensure the stability, integrity and operational effectiveness and efficiency of network services. In addition, the Network Engineer will participate with the design, purchase, installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
o Participates in the design and configuration of internal and/or external networks as required for assigned projects, assuring that requirements are met.
o Apply business/customer requirements into network or process implementation.
o Supports network technology and configuration activities to ensure integration and alignment with other IT technology, systems, applications, and environment.
o Assist in development, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
o Uses planning skills to manage and complete projects on time and on budget.
Partcipate in testing software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
o Participate and assist in approaches to accomplish departmental goals, while maintaining alignment and compliance with business goals, corporate IT standards, strategy and Service Level Agreements.
o Assist vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
o Assists in network technology and configuration activities to ensure integration and alignment with other IT technology, systems, applications, and environment.
o Provides technical support and guidance (Level 2) in troubleshooting network performance issues. Researches problems that cannot be resolved by routine procedures. Creates troubleshooting procedures, designing resolution scripts, workflows or flowcharts. Ensures timely resolution of problems
o Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
o Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
• Communicates effectively with all levels of employees, both technical and non-technical.
• Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with other departments.
• Effective project team member, at times assuming leadership roles for projects as required.
• Monitors emerging trends and evolving technologies, evaluating and understanding the implications for inclusion in department strategy.
• Takes the initiative to search for and identify alternative and/or innovative solutions to architecture problems.
• Uses planning skills to manage and complete projects on time and on budget.
• Quickly adapts to the demands inherent in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Knowledge and ability to perform advanced administration on mulitple company standard network technologies or similar platforms; such as Cisco enterprise LAN/WAN gear, F5 load balancing, Aruba wireless networking, and Checkpoint/Palo Alto security platforms.
• Understands and considers business goals, corporate IT standards, department strategy, service level agreements, EVA’s and budgetary implications.
• Understands and considers and applies standard concepts, best practices and procedures related to LAN, WAN and wireless networks.
• Knowledge of established configuration management, network architecture development and project methodologies.
Experience with Spanning Tree
Experience with Layer 3
Experience using IOS/XE/NX-OS
Understanding of wireless concepts
Experience with sub-netting
Understanding of network security and concepts
Experience troubleshooting network related issues
Experience with NCM/NPM/SAM and maintenance of the solarwinds suite
Experience with ISE and how to operate the system.
Experience with F5 Load Balancing (no less than 3 years experience preferred)
Accredited Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related field and 4 years network engineering experience.
OR 8 years network engineering experience
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x242 or (800) 927-9318 x242
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.