- 187480 - Lead Embedded Software Engineer
- NJ-New Jersey
- Up to $74.39 DOE
- 12 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Lead Embedded Software Engineer for an opening in Camden, NJ.
Reporting to the Software Engineering Manager, the Lead Embedded Cyber Software Engineer is responsible for leading teams of embedded software developers through all phases of the software development life cycle to develop innovative software components to support C5S, C5 and Cyber Solution Centers.
• Developing and tracking software development schedule, assigning tasking, managing cost accounts
• Interfacing and coordinating with all engineering development disciplines, project engineering and program management
• Oversee formal design and test reviews, prepare and present technical briefings, report project status
• Guide team members on the application of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis concepts and principles in the development of software for the target hardware
• Hands-on leadership in the development and evaluation of interfaces between hardware and software, and operational performance requirements and design of the overall system
• Lead and contribute to all phases of the software development life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration, and formal test
• Develop software test plans and procedures, and other relevant technical documentation
• Utilize modeling tools and equipment to establish operating data, conduct experimental tests, prototype, and evaluate results
• Participate in peer reviews, identify, track and repair defects
• Utilize a variety of software languages (i.e., C++, C, Java, Python, Assembly) on Windows, Linux, mobile platforms, and embedded real time operating systems (VxWorks, Linux, Integrity, and others for Motorola, Intel, TI, and custom processor designs)
• 6+ years experience developing software for embedded applications
• Demonstrated ability leading small to medium sized software development teams through all phases of the software development lifecycle
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Object-oriented design and implementation experience, with exposure to software modeling and UML
• Experience developing device drivers and Board Support Packages for real time embedded systems
• Experience with cryptography and cryptographic applications, security architecture, multi-level and cross domain security solutions, and certification requirements
• Hardware / Software Integration experience
• Experience debugging real time embedded applications
• Experience with static analysis, code coverage tools, and automated test frameworks
• Knowledge of network architectures and protocols
• Knowledge of communication and security related protocols (including but not limited to UDP, TCP, RTP, SRTP, VoIP, X.509 and SSL/TLS).
• Experience developing software using processes compliant with CMMI Level 3 or above
Accredited Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
9/80, Day Shift
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x305 or (800) 927-9318 x305
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.