- 187628 - Staff Digital Board Designer
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Redondo Beach
- $90 to $100.00 DOE
- 1 year
Chipton-Ross is seeking 3 Staff Digital Board Designers for an opportunity in Redondo Beach, CA
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You create trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
Northrop Grumman is looking for an experienced individual to lead flight digital hardware board and unit development as a Responsible Design Engineer (RDE). Tasks of this role include collaboration with systems engineering, mechanical engineers, manufacturing engineers, and other electrical engineers to perform design trades, perform requirements flowdown, create interconnection drawings, perform electrical analysis, develop test plans, and ultimately deliver engineering model and flight hardware that meets program requirements.
The qualified candidate will be an experienced digital design engineer who will work on digital board design and development with applications in signal processing, network routing and switching, or embedded processors for air and space applications. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conceptual design
- Circuit Design
- Architecture development
- Schematics development
- Worst case analysis
- Board Integration & test
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM field from an accredited institution
- A minimum of 14 years experience in electrical board or unit design (12 years with Masters of Science degree)
- A minimum of 14 years of experience in hardware design/development or production
- 20 years of experience developing Electronics for military or spacecraft applications
- Digital or Mixed signal unit, slice, board, and/or ASIC/FPGA design and development experience
- Master’s or PhD degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or other Engineering field from an accredited institution
- Hands-on knowledge of programmatic/cost account management (CAM) processes, project planning and scheduling, cost control, change control, EVMS, staffing, coordination and oversight of technical work effort
- Proven leadership experience and the ability to manage engineers and technicians in a process driven environment
- Experience in program execution and demonstrated ability to meet program technical, cost, and schedule milestones
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, presentation) across all levels of the organization
Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM field.
School must be accredited.
9/80 workweek, 1st shift
Pay rate based on experience
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x186 or (800) 927-9318 x186
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.