- 187681 - Embedded Software Engineer
- NJ-New Jersey
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Embedded Software Engineer for an opening in Camden, NJ.
Reporting to the Software Engineering Manager, the Embedded Cyber Software Engineer plays a key role in developing innovative software components to support C5S, C5 and Cyber Solution Centers.
• Apply computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis concepts and principles in the development of software for the target hardware
• Work closely with cross functional members of the engineering organization to develop and evaluate interfaces between hardware and software, and operational performance requirements and design of the overall system
• Support and participate in all phases of the software development life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration, and formal test
• Develop software test plans and procedures, and other relevant technical documentation
• Utilize modeling tools and equipment to establish operating data, conduct experimental tests, prototype, and evaluate results
• Participate in peer reviews, identify, track and repair defects
• Utilize a variety of software languages (i.e., C++, C, Java, Python, Assembly) on Windows, Linux, mobile platforms, and embedded real time operating systems (VxWorks, Linux, Integrity, and others for Motorola, Intel, TI, and custom processor designs)
• Object-oriented design and implementation experience, with exposure to software modeling and UML
• Experience developing device drivers and Board Support Packages for real time embedded systems
• Experience with cryptography and cryptographic applications, security architecture, multi-level and cross domain security solutions, and certification requirements
• Hardware / Software Integration experience
• Experience debugging real time embedded applications
• Experience with static analysis, code coverage tools, and automated test frameworks
• Knowledge of network architectures and protocols
• Related coursework or experience developing software for embedded applications
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Accredited Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x242 or (800) 927-9318 x242
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.