- 187759 - Embedded Software Developer
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- El Segundo
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Embedded Software Developer located in El Segundo, CA
•Develop, integrate, and test of embedded flight software on a rapid development satellite program.
•Contribute to the full software life cycle.
•Partner with systems engineering and test to write software that meets program needs.
•Coding the engineers duties (which will include helping develop the software team to derive software requirements, evaluate software reuse, and define software architecture).
•Facilitate translation of detailed requirements and algorithms into flight software by closely working with subject matter experts and the software team.
•Define software-in-the-loop environments as well as a hardware-in-the-loop integration and test environments.
•Experience with a range of computer programming languages; must be fluent in C/C++
•Experience developing on a Linux operating system
• Experience (highly desired) with agile development processes and methods
• Experience in development, build and test of small and medium-sized spacecraft
• Experience in a dynamic rapid prototyping environment
• Prior history working proprietary programs with a variety of Government entities in a classified environment
• Experience developing middleware software
• TS/SSBI highly desired
• Experience with Real Time Operating Systems, such as Integrity, Real-Time Linux or vxWorks
• Knowledge of low-level programming with real-time constraints (example APIs include Unity and the Unreal Engine)
•Knowledge of computer hardware architectures and the extent to which they influence low-level software
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience).
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Frequent travel to Kent, WA may be required.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x242 or (800) 927-9318 x242
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.