- 188017 - Senior Software Engineer
- Up to $65.00 DOE
- 12 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for an opening in Arlington TX.
This is a hands on software engineering position. The successful candidate will perform as a Communication, Navigation, and Interrogation (CNI) Software Engineer serving as the technical expert responsible for deriving software requirements, software design, implementing and/or directing the implementation, integration, and test of real-time CNI solutions for aircraft simulations.
You will demonstrate success by:
• Designing, developing, implementing, integrating, and testing simulated or stimulated solutions which represent real-world CNI subsystems that meet training requirements
• Developing solutions that are imaginative, thorough, cost effective and consistent with organizational objectives and processes
• Establishing reusable CNI software baselines and provide input to product roadmaps
• Performing system-level integration and troubleshooting
• Providing weekly earned value, schedule, and technical status reports to leadership
• Developing Basis of Estimates for implementing new CNI training requirements
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
• Knowledgeable with Linux Operating Systems, prefer 2 plus years of Linux experience
• Management of a software baselines, including branching, merging, building, maintaining, and installing software
• Previous simulation or Avionics experience required, training system simulation experience preferred
• Knowledgeable with MIL-STD 1553 or ARINC-429 interfaces
• Simulation or stimulation experience with any CNI subsystems such as: ARC-201, ARC-210, ARC-231, HSD-440, VDL-4000 VHF Data Link, IDM-304, TTR-921 TCAS, AN/ARN-153 TACAN, AN/ARN-147 VOR/ILS/MB Multi-Mode Receiver, AN/ARN-149 Low Frequency ADF Receiver, AN/APG-209(G) Radar Altimeter, AHC-3000A, H764G EGI, AN/APX-118(V) IFF Transponder
• Prefer 5 plus years of Real-Time development experience
• Prefer 5 plus years C/C++ professional experience
• Basic knowledge of FORTRAN is a plus
• Object Oriented Design and Programming experience is a plus
• Candidate should be a fast learner with very strong analysis and problem-solving skills
• Ability to carry tasks through to completion with only general technical direction
• Experience working in a team environment
• Good communications skills
• ClearCase, ClearQuest experience a plus
Accredited Software Engineering Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in an engineering discipline
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x242 or (800) 927-9318 x242
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.