- 188032 - Machinist 2
- Up to $32.00 DOE
- 4 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Machinist 2 for an opening in Chelmsford, MA.
Sets up and operates a variety of manual and numerically controlled (NC) precison machine tools to make a variety of components, jigs, mechanisms, and/or tools to exacting tolerances and dimensions. Interprets blueprints, sketches, and engineering specifications; determines sequence of operations, number of cuts required, and method of setup; uses a variety of machinist's hand tools and precision measuring instruments; makes standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds; measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points to lay out stock for machining; fits and assembles precision parts into mechanical equipment and determines material, parts, and equipment required. May modify numerically controlled programs on NC machines. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures. Typically requires completion of a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
- Ability to setup and operate precision 3-axis CNC machines such as Robodrill and Prototrak type machines.
- Ability to produce and edit G-Code NC programs with CamWorks or similar (CAD/CAM software).
- Ability to make on the fly adjustments as needed at the HMI.
- Familiarity with Fanuc, Fadal, and Prototrak controls.
- Familiarity with GD&T.
- Effective planning, prioritizing, and organizing tasks.
- Ability to follow work instructions or engineering drawings.
- Demonstrable commitment to safety at all times.
- Quality oriented and maintains strict attention to detail.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
4/10, 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x179 or (800) 927-9318 x179
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.