- 188041 - Test & Evaluation Engineer 3
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Test & Evaluation Engineer 3 for an opening in Fairfax, VA.
Supports the development and verification of test methods. Develops detailed test procedures, and instrumentation and configuration definition, needed to perform the test and minimize risk within the constraints of the test plan. Develops solutions to calibration systems problems of limited scope and impact. Designs test hardware, software and systems to achieve test requirements. Uses analytical tools to verify the design. Analyzes, processes, and formats data to customer requirements. Reviews test data, including off-nominal data, for accuracy, quality and/or fidelity prior to delivery to customer. Prepares and publishes test reports to document test results and satisfy requirements. Presents test results internally. Archives data and reports. Trains others. Works under general direction.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Support all aspects of system testing to include testing in in-house development laboratories, customer integration facilities, and on-platform testing
- Spans RF, Electrical, Network , systems and software integration and test
- Document and control test procedures to exercise system level capabilities encompassing hardware and software components
- Troubleshoot system faults and work with the engineering team to isolate and resolve
- Coordinate with the engineering, quality assurance and the customer representatives for planning, execution and wrap-up of test events
- Participate in development team demonstrations to coordinate testing of incrementally released capability from Agile development teams
- Manage test environment and configuration to include all laboratory facilities and test equipment
- Thrive in a dynamic environment while engaging with multiple development teams to troubleshoot and solve problems
Accredited Bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with experience in an engineering classification. ENG required.
May required 10% domestic travel
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x282 or (800) 927-9318 x282
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.