- 188093 - Environmental Design Art Director/Producer
- 15 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Environmental Design Art Director/Producer for an opening in Littleton, CO.
* Interface and collaborate with internal clients to obtain corporate brand strategy and story. Brainstorm and storyboard overall campaign based on on-site scope. Determine best design elements to use; imagery, art, materials. Spearhead development, concept, budget, schedule, and overall look or style to convey the client’s story.
* Assemble creative team to define tasks and project needs. Identify and solicit both external and internal suppliers based on scope of the project. Assign work to appropriate team members adhering to a defined budget and schedule. Communicate and review designs with client on final direction.
* Oversees production and installation. Identifies and resolves production problems and manages scope creep accordingly.
* Conduct research and development on current environmental design trends and state-of-the-art materials. Continually expanding external supplier list for broader range of trending environmental design options.
* Ability to travel for site visits for enterprise wide upgrades ensuring a cohesive brand standard throughout all Lockheed Space campuses.
Other Responsibilities and Desired Skills:
* Creative Direction
* Storyboard / Brainstorm overall campaign
* Determine best design elements to use; imagery, art, materials
* Spearhead develop/concept overall look or style
* Manage/communicate designers (build the proper project team)
* Review and approve developed designs
* Production quality check
* Coordinate and manage installations
* Communicate/review designs with client on final direction
* Coordinate the involvement/responsibilities of other departments if necessary;
* Facilities, IT, Protocol, Procurement
* External/Internal Comms
* Problem Solve for the unforeseen issues that may arise
* Project Management
* Quotes/budgets, timelines/deadlines
* Coordinate on-site visits (badge requests)
* Create production workbook/presentation package
* Manage scope creep
* Research and coordinate external on-site vendor tours (new & current vendors)
* Define jobs to accept and/or advise on self-service route
* Ensure proper procurement
* Client Kick-Off Meetings
* Interface with clients to develop artistic approach/style, concepts, strategic value
* On-site facility scope meeting (measurements, floor plans, etc.)
* Ensure that clients’ desired message is conveyed through the use of strategic branding
* Discuss budget requirements/restrictions and requested completion dates
* In-House Production/Fabrication
* Manufacturing for follow types of events:
* VVIP, Executive, Trade Show, Executive Specialty Gifts, Special Event Collaterals
* VIP requests when outside vendor cannot accommodate due to tight deadline
* Administrative Work
* Frame Requests – now transitioned to Client Store
* Experience with LM Procurement procedures (Acquisition Requests, Purchase Requests, etc.)
* Manage vendors appropriately in Client system (Proper Exostar profile set up)
* File management and archiving
* Training and career advancement research
Experience in environmental design i.e., large format wall-wrap designs, build-out and complete remodel of building lobbies to include all forms of artwork, lighting, etc.
Skills Required Adobe CC, specifically illustrator and photoshop,
Accredited Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years of professional experience; or no experience required with a related Masters degree. Considered experienced, but still a learner.
9/80, 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x261 or (877) 244-5418 x261
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.