- 188125 - Network Video/Telepresence Specialist
- NC-North Carolina
- Up to $49.66 DOE
- 6 months, CTH
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Network Video/Telepresence Specialist to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Raleigh, NC and is an on-site position with no telecommute possibilities. This position is part of the Northrop Grumman's ETS Contract with the United States Postal Service, bringing top of the line professional technologists to their teams.
This individual will join the Content Delivery team and perform work with Telepresence, Digital Signage, WAN acceleration, Multicasting and network troubleshooting. They shall work independently or semi-independently with a minimum of guidance or direction. This position will work with the team to install, upgrade and maintain the network components for video and content delivery. This position will be standard work shift M-F 8-5:00 PM with flexibility to work nights and weekends only for upgrades, patches or installs.
We are looking for an ideal candidate with strong network infrastructure background and network infrastructure skills. You will need to be able to troubleshoot any issues and be familiar with Cisco networking devices. Must be willing to work in a lab environment to test out new equipment and configurations and document results and work well with others and able to communicate information clearly to our customers. Experience with digital signage and WAAS is a plus. This is not an entry level position.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or associated discipline and minimum 5 years’ experience. Additional experience may be accepted in lieu of Degree,
• STRONG network experience and network infrastructure skills
• Excellent troubleshooting/deployment and analytical skills.
• Strong networking knowledge and must know the fundamentals of multicast (Sparse Mode) and QoS.
• Must have an understanding of video as a whole and how it works over the network.
• Must be able to use MS Office tools to generate designs and technical drawings.
• Knowledge and understanding of Cisco WAAS or VCS
• Applicable Cisco and networking certifications
• Knowledge in one or more of these three areas: 1. Video Conferencing 2. Digital Signage 3. WAAS
• Past experience with WAN Acceleration & Video Technologies, especially in Cisco Video Conferencing technology and enterprise network environment
• Local to the RDU / Research Triangle area (this position does not provide relocation assistance).
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or associated discipline.
Additional experience may be accepted in lieu of Degree.
School must be accredited.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x271 or (800) 927-9318 x271
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.